by the way, ‘that’ special performance by SMILE 🙂 SMILE is the in-house band consisting of a chef, 2 security personnel, 1 ex-A&W mascot, 1 Sales & Marketing momma, and a slew of guest artistes.. hahahaha
asam garam August 15, 2007
i’m back! langkawi was a blast! did not focus on shopping, rather we went and researched almost the whole island. from the top of gunung mat chincang (where the cable car and the jambatan goyang are located) to galeria perdana and eagle square. imagine trying to snap a picture of the infamous eagle statue while zana was still asleep on my shoulder. nasib baik bawak baby sling. but next time i’m there, definitely will go to idaman suri and “research” the royal doultons, tefals, vantages, corelles etc there 😛
on another note, the management finally extended my contract to june 2008, after 1 year and 2 months. while on the surface it looks like happy news, the flip side means i can’t just give a 24-hour notice now 😦 and the nerve of the hr manager, asking me to sign the new contract and backdate it according to the contract letter date? the management will discuss on me getting a permanent post. that one is still pending. and with more news saying the hotel will be under new management come 2008, i might be one of the candidates on their strike-out-first list. so what do i do? anyone?
phew August 8, 2007
so i had to do the work of 4 people yesterday when all my colleagues (read: my boss, my 2 other colleagues) went on sick leave! i mean, wtf? how can people in 1 dept get sick togeder geder, but yours truly was not included? and it so happens i was duty manager for yesterday. tambah lagi keja. what with KB deciding to issue a new fatwa that duty managers now have to do floor rounding like sejam sekali instead of sekali or dua kali sehari. reason was we do not have enough security staff. eh? i just wonder if by luck i caught somebody trying to break a room door open, i can just chase the fella in my baju kurung n heels. or maybe i can just throw my walkie talkie at the guy. the thing’s heavy enough to make him pass out!
Tagged by Ziah August 1, 2007
So okay, let’s get this thing over and done with.
Complete the sentences:
1) A person is only as good as how he/she treats the people around him/her
2) Friendship is soul enriching
3) To love is to complement
4) Money makes me a computer freak.. and that’s not good 😛
5) I miss my childhood
6) My way of saying I care is by being there
7) I try to spread love and happiness by being a friend (?)
8) Pick the flowers when it’s allowed 😛
9) To love someone is to complement them (didn’t we just answer this a while back?)
10) Beauty is inside
11) When I was thirteen, what I remember the most was April Fool’s Day
12) When i was twenty one, what I remember the most was uhh.. nada?
13) I am most happy when there’s no traffic
14) Nothing makes me happier than seeing Zana playing with her ayah
15) If I can change one thing, I will change my General Manager.. heh
16) If smiles were… sand I’ll be.. Sandman hehehe
17) Wouldn’t it be nice if my company had a career ladder?
18) If you want to French me, I‘ll German-ize you, ja?
19) Money is not everything, I wish
20) The most touching moment I have experienced is seeing Zana for the first time
21) I smile when I hear Zana talk baby babble
22) When I am happy, there’s something funny in everything I see
23) If only I don’t have to see KB at work
24) The best thing I did yesterday was catching up with tatot after.. err.. 1 year?
25) If I ever write a book, I will give it this title Something Funny In Everything I See
26) One thing I must do before I die is clear my conscience.. and my debts 😛
27) Doing the meme, I feel like shutting down this PC 🙂
I don’t know who should I tag. Maybe I’d better save them the exasperation and just leave it like it is, no?
By the way, Cameron Highlands was just marrrrrrrrrrrvelous. Too bad ramai tak dapat pergi. The apartment we stayed in was huge beyond words. Siap ada 4 extra mattresses lagi. I will upload pics from the trip to my flickr.
Now I can’t wait for Langkawi trip next week. hehe.. Visit Malaysia Year laa katakan..